Hospitality in Japan Seminar
Are you interested in learning about the hospitality industry in Japan? If you’re seeking any part-time work in Tokyo, this seminar is essential to succeeding in a customer-facing role. This 4-hour course covers material for our candidates who want to work in foodservice, retail, tourism or hotel industries.
The goal of this seminar is to provide our candidates with a base of knowledge about the cultural aspects associated with Japanese hospitality specific to service industries. We cover key phrases in Japanese necessary to conduct these types of jobs, and we include practical training for foodservice and retail positions. To attend this course, you should have a basic understanding of Japanese – N4 level or above.
Part 1 – Culture and Language
- Service industry language and conversation flow: real phrases, meaning, pronunciation, etc
- Mindset and manners in the Japanese culture of service
- Japanese service expectations
- Case study exapmples
Part 2 – Practice and Training
- How to present yourself in customer service
- Foodservice training for restaurants, cafes, etc.
- Retail training
If you’re interested in taking this seminar, fill out the form below!